Ten days ahead of the 47th FIH Congress, which will be held virtually on 22 May 2021, here’s a summary of the most important information to know:
The agenda includes, amongst others:
- Elections for the position of FIH President and for four positions of EB Ordinary Member
- A vote on the admission of the following nations as new FIH Members:Gambia, Saudi Arabia and Timor Leste (all approved as provisional Members by the FIH Executive Board on 22 October 2020);
- A vote on the admission as FIH Member of a new National Association (NA) in Indonesia, which is recognised by the Indonesian NOC. This is due to the non-fulfilment of their obligations by the current NA. It requires however that the Congress first expels the current NA;
- A decision to approve the use of gender-neutral terms in the FIH Statutes;
- A decision to extend FIH’s purpose and powers within its Statutes to any virtual or e-gaming activities and competitions for the future
Elections will be conducted via e-voting (art. 6.3 c) (FIH Statutes) and overseen by the FIH Elections Oversight Panel (EOP), as stipulated in the FIH Elections Manual (art. 11). UK company Lumi will operate the e-voting process. Furthermore, FIH has appointed an independent notary (from UK firm Cheeswrights Scrivener Notaries LLP), who will chair and oversee the election process. His powers are delegated by the Elections Oversight Panel.
Regarding the elections for the positions of EB Ordinary Member, Ediga Bede Agbo (NGR) has informed the FIH Elections Oversight Panel that he had withdrawn his candidacy.
Congress Live on Watch.Hockey
The whole Congress will be live on Watch.Hockey.
It will start at 11am CEST on 22 May and is tentatively planned to finish at 3:30pm CEST (the end time is of course flexible).
Post-Congress press conference
The elected FIH President and the FIH CEO will hold a press conference which will start 45 minutes after the end of the Congress (note: since the time of the end of the Congress is flexible, it is not possible to give a more precise starting time for this press conference).
This press conference will be held online on Zoom.