In a positive turn of events, Korea has returned to the sport of hockey after the disruption caused by the COVID19 outbreak. It’s events like these that fill us all with hope for the future, and we hope to hear more such stories in the coming days.
The Korea Hockey Association successfully concluded the KBS National Men & Women Cup, which was held for the first time in Korea after the outbreak of COVID19. There were 41 participating teams and the competition was held for 7 days from June 24th to June 30th in Donghae city, Gangwon Province.
The event, which was held behind closed doors, was strictly restricted from entering the stadium except for athletes, leaders and officials. In order to prevent COVID19, it was safely completed in compliance with hygiene regulations, such as checking heat, using hand sanitizers and making it mandatory to wear masks and keep distance from the stadium.
In this competition, the women’s hockey team of Korea National Sport University won four consecutive games, Asan Middle School and Chosun University won three consecutive games, and each category’s performance was as follows.
– Men’s: 1st: Asan Middle school 2nd:Changsung Middle School 3rd: Sung-il Middle School/ Sin Am Middle School
– Women’s: 1st: Sungju Woman’s Middle School 2nd: MaeWon Middle School 3rd: Gimhae Woman’s Middle School/Song-gok Woman’s Middle School
– Men’s: 1st: Imae High School 2nd: Asan High School 3rd: Sung-il High School/Gwangju High School
– Women’s: 1st: Song-gok Woman’s High School 2nd: On-yang High School 3rd: TaeJang High School/Gangdong High School
– Men’s: 1st: Chosun Univ 2nd: Jeju International Univ 3rd: Korea National Sports Univ.
– Women’s: 1st : Korea National Sports Univ 2nd: Jeju International Univ 3rd:In-je Univ.
– Men’s: 1st: Seongnam City 2nd: Incheon Sports Council 3rd: Gimhae City
– Women’s: 1st: KT 2nd: Mokpo City 3rd: Asan City/PyeongTaek City